If your home is large enough to accommodate a walk in closet then it is something that can certainly provide many benefits. Closets are perfect for storing all of your clothes and shoes without taking up space in your other rooms. There is also a certain luxury attached to homes that benefit from walk in closets. Essentially, the room provides you with a substantial dressing or changing room. Closets don’t have to be used as a simple storage area though. There are many contemporary and innovative designs that include fold away ironing boards, floor to ceiling mirrors, seating and even televisions and music systems. Many people will not have vast amounts of experience in relation to this type of room but that is not a problem. There are a number of companies in the Markham and Scarborough area, including our own, that specialize in walk in closets. Why not contact us and discuss your requirements further?
Walk In Closets: Interesting Design Options
Of course, your closet needs to be organised and practical so this must be your first consideration. However, there are a whole host of features and designs that you can include to make your closet really stand out. Below are a few ideas to consider during the planning stage.
- How Many Items Do You Need to Store? – This will have a huge impact on the style and design of the closet. In particular, you should consider what type of items you have the most of. If clothes make up the majority of your wardrobe then at least two walls should be dedicated to hanging space with perhaps the smaller third wall used to store your shoe collection. If shoes are your main passion then a stunning double wall showcase for your collection may be the answer.
- Thinking Outside of the Box: Contemporary Designs – A walk in closet should undoubtedly have a personal touch and reflect your own personality. Contemporary designs featuring a slanted roof, spotlights, floor to ceiling mirrors and modern custom cabinets can make the closet particularly eye-catching.
- Consider Your Lighting Options – By incorporating modern lighting into your closet design you are ensuring an elegant, luxurious look. Lighting options include lighted hanging rods which illuminate your clothes when it is dark or perhaps a set of attractive rotating spotlights to add a touch of glamour.
- Added Luxury? – Why not consider a boutique-style closet? This sumptuous type of design can incorporate tables and chairs, large mirrors on walls and on the ceiling, chandeliers, televisions and even music systems. The overall look is comparable to that of a boutique or fashion shop.
- An Elegant Focal Point – If your closet is large enough to include something in the centre of the room then choose an elegant stand-alone piece. This will act as a great focal point. Options include dressers, storage islands and even large, luxurious custom cabinets.
Indulge your creative side. Walk in closets are very personal rooms and you should feel comfortable in them at all times. Call Bertone Woodworking on 416-876-5144 for specialist advice and guidance, plus many great design ideas.