When it comes to solid surface counter tops, no company in the Greater Toronto Area, is trusted or called upon more than the design, millwork, and installation experts at Bertone Woodworking. Thanks to our vast experience and expertise, we’ve provided custom solutions to hundreds of retail, residential, industrial, and commercial clients in Toronto, ON and surrounding communities.
Since their introduction more than 35 years ago by DuPont under the Corian brand name, solid surface counters tops have been a preferred construction material for kitchens, bathrooms, and a wide array of furniture and even wall and flooring projects. At Bertone Woodworking, we specialize in solid surface materials and have taken the customization and installation process to new heights thanks to outstanding craftsmanship, customer service, and attention to detail.
Unlike stone or granite, solid surface products are man-made in a factory from materials that include bauxite, marble dust, acrylic or polyester resins, and pigments. They are extremely durable and non-porous, allowing for a broad range of designs, colors, and textures. When talking with clients about solid surface counter tops, we like to give them an overview of the product’s benefits:
- Durability: With proper installation and minimal maintenance, it’s not unusual for solid surface counter tops to last for decades as they resist impacts, stains, and even burning.
- Repairable: Unlike laminate surfaces, solid surface counter tops can be repaired in the event of a scratch, gouge, or other minor damage.
- National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) compliant: Virtually all solid surface counter tops, whether Corian, Silestone, Staron, or some other brand, are NSF rated – meaning they resist bacteria and are ideal for food preparation.
- Solid surface counter tops are easy to clean. Unlike natural stone or granite, which require special cleaners, solid surface materials are as easy to clean as applying a cloth with water and mild soap.
- Easy to integrate: Because of the manufacturing process, solid surface counter tops are seamless, allowing for the construction of a single piece that can include backsplashes and sinks.
- Colorful and multi-texture options: Man-made solid surfaces come in several dozen colors. In fact, the only weakness is imagination, as designers and manufacturers are constantly blending color combinations so the solid surface counter tops match any design or architecture. The same manufacturing process also allows for a variety of surface textures that can be as smooth as glass or rippled like natural stone.