For many years, kitchen cabinets were regarded as simply a necessity. They served no purpose other than to store items. However, with kitchens being utilized more and more as an area to spend time, socialize and perhaps enjoy family meals, kitchens have evolved into a space that is both attractive and welcoming. Just like any other room in your home, the furniture plays a big part in helping to achieve that. Kitchen cabinets, for the most part, make up the majority of the furniture in the kitchen and therefore need to reflect and complement the style of the rest of the home. There are two main options when choosing kitchen cabinets. You can visit a large store and purchase their stock cabinets or you can seek out a company that specializes in custom cabinets. In locations such as Markham and Scarborough, you have ample choices for both options.
Why You Should Choose Custom Cabinets
Before you make a decision as to whether to use stock or custom cabinets, you should consider a few key factors. By understanding the benefits that custom furniture can offer, you can make an informed decision. Outlined below are some key benefits associated with cabinets that have been custom-built.
- Built to Last – Any furniture that has been produced by skilled craftsman by hand will undoubtedly last longer than those that have been built on an assembly line. In addition to this, the quality of the cabinets will be of a much higher standard than those built quickly in a factory due to the extra care and attention given to each piece.
- Environmentally Friendly and Supporting Local Trade – Companies that provide custom-built cabinets will invariably source their wood locally. This not only increases the number of options for you, the customer, it also benefits the environment. In addition to this, you will be supporting local businesses, which is always a good thing.
- A Personal Touch – Stock cabinets are not designed for the individual. They come in a standard design that is difficult to modify. Custom-built cabinets can be designed to suit your very own requirements. There is a huge amount of extra flexibility involved, so you get exactly what you want. There is no need to compromise when you choose any form of custom-built furniture.
- Cost vs. Quality – Of course, stock cabinets can be cheaper than their custom-built counterparts. However, this initial extra cost will be a solid investment. As mentioned previously, you will certainly have to replace your stock cabinets long before you even consider replacing custom ones. Quality wins every time and saves you money in the long term.
- Perfect For Any Layout – Many people are choosing unusual or contemporary kitchen designs. Custom-built cabinets can adapt to any space and fit in any room regardless of shape or layout. Handmade cabinets also provide an elegant addition to any kitchen.
Bertone Woodworking specializes in custom cabinets. If you require any assistance or have any questions, call one of our friendly staff on 416-876-5144.